The course uses the patterns found in Sets, Relations and Functions. Mathematical ideas and concepts relevant to Logic, Combinatorics and Probability will be studied in this course. Matrices will be used to solve problems. The course also include: Mathematical Induction, Algorithm and Graph theory.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Express statements with the precision of formal logic
- Analyze arguments to test their validity
- Apply the basic properties and operations related to sets
- Apply to sets the basic properties and operations related to relations and functions
- Define terms recursively
- To prove a given statement using mathematical induction
- To prove statements using direct and indirect methods
- To compute probability of simple and conditional events
- Identify and use formulae of Combinatorics in different problems
- Illustrate the basic definitions of graph theory and properties of graphs
Logic, Sets & Operations on sets, Relations & Their Properties, Functions, Sequences & Series, Recurrence Relations, Mathematical Induction, Loop Invariants, Loop Invariants, Combinatorics, Probability, Graphs and Trees.
Course Related Links
For practicing Truth Tables