Fundamentals of Mobile and Pervasive Computing by Frank Adelstein, Sandeep KS Gupta, Golden Richard III, Loren Schwiebert
This book details the engineering principles underlying mobile computing, serving as a basic reference as text for graduate and advanced undergraduates. It is the first systematic explanation of mobile communications as a discipline in itself, containing Exercises, projects, and solutions.
Fundamentals of Mobile and Pervasive Computing explains a revolutionary and rapidly evolving paradigm for computing: Mobile users seamlessly interacting with wireless devices embedded in the environment provides a platform for many novel applications, ranging from pervasive health monitoring to homeland security. Recognizing the increasing dominance of mobile devices, networks, and applications, this mobile-centric perspective gives today's students, researchers, developers, and engineers the inside track on tomorrow's solutions and opportunities.
The only authoritative source offering a holistic view of pervasive computing, Fundamentals of Mobile and Pervasive Computing explains computing fundamentals from the increasingly dominant mobile perspective. Focusing on the principles behind technologies such as security and wireless sensor networks, and written by recognized experts, this text helps you:
Complete with numerous specific examples of how pervasive computing technologies are used and integrated, this missing-link volume definitively describes the present and future of mobile and pervasive computing.
- Get a panoramic view of the fastest-growing and most dynamic field in computing
- Learn the underlying engineering principles that make pervasive computing work
- See how individual applications and application requirements fit into the larger system
- Get in-depth understanding of the most dynamic technologies for service discovery, wireless security, wireless sensor networking, and other key components
- Perform practical exercises and projects that demonstrate how the pieces work and fit together
- Preview the latest research that will help realize the full potential of pervasive computing